Is there anything better than spending time out on the water here in beautiful Connecticut? With warm weather right around the corner, it’s time to make sure your boat is fully covered with the right Connecticut Boat Insurance package. Boat Insurance is not required by law in Connecticut, but we highly recommend it. You should always protect yourself and your valuable assets, and your boat is no different.
What Kind of Connecticut Boat Insurance Do You Need?
There are several types of Connecticut Boat Insurance, and at the Peter M. Bakker Agency, we’ll work with you to identify the exact coverage package you need. Typically, boat owners need insurance for:
- Liability – this insurance covers your legal obligation from lawsuits and associated costs arising from an accident. Because boat accidents can potentially result in serious injuries, we recommend our clients purchase high coverage limits to better protect themselves from financial loss.
- Property – this insurance can and should apply to your boat, its motor, and equipment like trailers. It protects you from repair and replacement costs when these items are damaged by a covered event. Similar to your auto insurance, collision coverage pays for repairs to damage caused by collisions, while comprehensive coverage pays for repairs to damage caused by non-collision incidents, like a fire. Deductibles for this coverage can be easily adjusted and we’ll work with you to identify the right deductible for you and your boat.
- Uninsured Boater – If you’re ever involved in an accident with an uninsured boater, this coverage applies the losses you incur. Typically, you can match these limits with your liability limits.
- Personal Effects – Items like fishing rods & reels and clothes are typically protected by Personal Effects insurance coverage included in most standard boat insurance packages.
- Tender/Dinghy – Some boat insurance policies automatically include protection for small watercraft used to service larger boats known as tenders or dinghys. We’ll work with you to determine if this is something you need.
- Emergency Towing Services – Most comprehensive boat insurance packages will include coverage for emergency towing.
By shopping our huge selection of insurance companies, we can find the perfect boat insurance coverage for every client. At the Peter M. Bakker Agency, making sure you’re properly protected at the best possible price is our top priority.
Before you hit the water this season, give us a call at 860-676-1957 to review your coverage!